Smart Toys and Books
At Smart Toys and Books you will find a fun atmosphere, knowledgeable and available staff, and intriguing "hands on" demonstrations and displays. With over 24 years of experience in the toy industry, we know what will spark the imagination, create excitement, and stimulate learning the in the life of a child. We provide a wonderfully complete selection of high quality books, toys, and dolls that fascinate, challenge, enlighten, and delight children of all ages. We are truly about the best of the best!
Plan to Attend Exciting June Events!
- June 6 (Thurs) – Thomas and Chuggington Play Day – Play with trains, story and snack. Ages 2+. Reservations required in advance. No charge. 10:00 and 11:00am.
- June 14 (Fri) – Fabulous Stepping Stones! (Summer Break Activities) – Make a personalized stepping stone with your handprint and name, and decorate with colored stones and other items. Bring personal items to imbed in the stone. All ages. Reservations and a $6 materials fee required in advance. 1:00 pm
- June 15 (Sat) – Make a Father’s Day Card – All materials necessary to make a great card for a favorite dad, grandfather, or special friend are available. No charge. 10:00am – 3:00pm
- June 19 (Wed) – 3D Pop-Up Posters! (Summer Break Activities) - Create posters with a 3-D effect that can be viewed without glasses! Kids will color 4 animal or nature-themed posters with markers, learning the techniques of marker artists. Then POP! The parts fold out to create a cool 3-D effect. Everyone gets 4 posters (we might not finish them in class) with their own set of markers. Ages 5+. Reservations and a $6 materials fee required in advance. 11:00 am
- June 20 (Thurs) – Thomas and Chuggington Play Day – Play with trains, story and snack. Ages 2+. Reservations required in advance. No charge. 10:00 and 11:00am.
- June 21 (Fri) – Welcome to Our Science Lab! (Summer Break Activities) - Explore super absorbency polymers! Using jelly ice crystals, garbled marbles and jumbo jelly, kids will “EXPAND” their world with these amazing experiments! Ages 6+. Reservations and a $6 materials fee required in advance. 1:00 pm
- June 22 (Sat) – All About Pets – Junior Vet Workshop
Learn the most important things you need to know about taking care of pets. Experienced Veterinary Assistants from Concord Veterinary Hospital will be here to cover all the basics. They will bring a pet as a special guest. We’ll put on some awesome scrubs, make a pet bed to take home for your favorite stuffed animal, and play some fun animal games. Bring your favorite stuffed friend to practice being a junior vet! Ages 5+. Reservations and a $10 materials fee required in advance. 10:00am
- June 26 (Wed) – Mold and Melt Creatures! (Summer Break Activities) – Everyone gets a tin of putty to mold into wild and crazy creatures, or anything you can dream up! The work of art only holds its shape for a few minutes, so think quickly and start again. Included in the fun, everyone will get a glimmery, sparkly tattoo! Ages 5+. Reservations and a $6 materials fee required in advance. 11:00 am
- June 28 (Fri) – Decorative Tape Designing! (Summer Break Activities) - Cover a bracelet cuff and coin purse in crazy, colorful duct tape. It is easy to use and fun to make up your extraordinary and stylish designs! Included in the fun, everyone gets a glimmery, sparkly tattoo! Ages 6+. Reservations and a $6 materials fee required in advance. 1:00 pm
- June 28 (Fri) - Family Game Night - Learn new games and have fun together. Refreshments available. Age 3+. Reservations required in advance. No charge. 5:30 – 7pm.
- June 29 (Sat) Fire, Police, and Rescue Saturday– The Knoxville Fire Dept. brings the big red fire truck, accompanied by the big green West End Rescue Truck. The Knoxville Sheriff’s Dept. will provide a car. Giveaways, information and crafts are available as well! No charge. 11:00am-1:00pm.
- June 29 (Sat) – Book Signing by Local Children’s Author –Knoxville author Janet Greer will sign her children’s book, When You Hear a Siren. The book is about a little girl who doesn’t like sirens! The sound hurts her ears! Once she realizes that the sound means that people are getting help from community helpers, she does something very special. The author wrote the book for her grandchildren, so that they would not experience the fear of sirens that she experienced as a child. It was also written in memory of her father, who was a police officer for over 30 years. The books will be available at the store. 11:00am – 1:00 pm.
- Story Time with Miss Helen –Mondays at 11am .
“Mommy, Daddy and Me” Art Classes – Fridays at 10am, 11am, 12pm. $5 materials fee and reservations required in advance. Ages 2+.
- Game/Craft Demo Saturdays – Hands-on trials with and demonstrations of newly arriving games. 10am – 3pm
Smart Toys and Books
9700 Kingston Pike